Light up Livernois. Turn on your red holiday lights and give our shoppers a festive place to Shop.Dine.Explore.
The highlight of the event will be a Holiday Windows Decoration Competition. Participating businesses will have their windows decorated according to the theme: “Home for the Holidays”. The windows will be decorated either by the occupants themselves or by interested designer/decorator. The windows will be evaluated by local architects/designers and dignitaries. There is a $250 prize for the best dressed window for the Holidays. The winner will be announced at the Nov. 25th Home for the Holidays kick off “Light Livernois” event.
This event will take place at the park on Livernois next to the Mike’s Market parking lot.
• We are asking all businesses to wrap a tree in front of their building with solid red lights. We will also light the Christmas tree in the Park next to Mike’s Market Parking Lot on Livernois.
• We are asking all neighborhood associations, residents and businesses to bring an ornament to hang on the community tree.
• We are asking residents and community to join us on Livernois at 6pm for Hot Chocolate and Donuts.
• We will sing Christmas Carols and take pictures with Santa Claus.
• At 6:30pm we are asking all the businesses to turn on their lights at the same time. Then to join us at the park to Carol and at 7pm we will announce the Holiday Window winner.
For more information contact Lolita Haley at: Lolita.firstname.lastname@example.org or 313-862-9626